'Bacteria Removal - Why It Is Important'
As defined by Live Science; “Bacteria are microscopic single-celled organisms that thrive in diverse environments. They can live within soil, in the ocean and inside the human gut. Humans' relationship with bacteria is complex. Sometimes they lend a helping hand, by curdling milk into yogurt, or helping with our digestion. At other times they are destructive, causing diseases like pneumonia and MRSA.”
Bacteria can be both good and bad to our body. Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium are good bacteria that keeps our digestive tract healthy, they are most often added to yogurt drinks and snacks. You most likely know them as the small probiotic bottles you buy in the supermarket. Bad bacteria such as Streptococcus, Clostridium, Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus live in our internal organs and live off its nutrients. Once we are infected and they are in our body, our health would be in great danger and may sometimes lead to death if we are not treated properly.
Bacteria are very sneaky. We can be infected with them through direct contact, contaminated food and water, open wounds and sometimes, they just live off the air that we breathe. While we can be treated and medicated once we are infected, it is ideal to remove bacteria from their breeding grounds right before they infect us. This would prevent us from being sick as well as provide us a cleaner and safe home.
Today, we would like to share how we can remove bacteria from our water source, most especially to our drinking water. A few weeks back, our subject matter expert visited Five Rivers Oregon (20 miles inland from the coast in the Coastal Mountains of Oregon) and took some water samples from a foul smelling, dark watered (totally disgusting!) pond.
She prepared a home bacteria test kits (you can buy one online), and she used the disgusting smelly water into a PH001 + PH002 combo and see the results below.
She prepared the water and our filters in a clean work area. The dirty pond water was taken with the bulb syringe included in test kit and deposited it into the included vial (she gave it a good swirl and waited 5 minutes as indicated on the test kit).
After 5 minutes, she placed the test stick into the vial with the water and waited for another 10 minutes (if and when you do this at home, make sure the arrows are pointing down on the solution)
At last! Our test results are ready, the water sample from the totally disgusting pond shows that it is positive of bacteria (not that we’re surprised). Just like a home pregnancy test, one line for negative and 2 lines for positive!
After confirming the presence of bacteria, the remaining water from the pond was poured into our pH Refresh Alkaline Water Pitcher prepped with both our pH001 and pH002 water filters.
Once water has been filtered through, she repeated the home bacteria test using another kit and lo and behold, the test came back negative.
If you have been on the fence about our PH002 UF Membrane water filters ability to remove bacteria, then this might be the reassurance you’ve been looking for! Not only are the PH001 filters working on ionizing your water and raising the pH level, they also work on removing heavy metals, fluoride and in combination with the PH002 - bacteria. You can easily do home tests like this yourself, a fun activity with the kids perhaps? It is far cheaper than expensive lab testing, and with good quality test products on the market - and filters - you will soon rest at ease knowing you are drinking clean and healthy invigorated water!
- What are the health benefits of a shower filter?
- Should I Use Filtered Water to Make My Tea Or Coffee?
- The effects of drinking Alkaline water on our body
- Does Lemon Remove Fluoride from Water?
- Alkaline vs Acid Diet
- HOLIDAY STINGERS
- Global Water Scarcity: What can you do?
- NEW LIPS, NEW YOU!
- What's In Your Water Bottle?
- HAPPINESS - A STATE OF MIND?
- COCO LOCO
- SWEET DREAMS
- NOW IS THE TIME
- EVERY SIP COUNTS
- Free-Flowing Happiness part 2
- Free-Flowing Happiness Part 1
- BREATHE DEEPLY
- COLOR YOUR LIFE
- THERE’S NOWHERE LIKE HOME
- FRESH BEAUTY WITH LEMONS
- 5 WAYS TO CLEANSE YOUR LIVER
- THERE’S NOTHING LIKE A GOOD SOAK
- COUNTERING JUNK FOOD
- BLESS OUR WORLD
- LET IT GO
- INTL WOMEN’S DAY/WORLD DOWN SYNDROME DAY
- A TIME FOR EQUITY
- 10 WAYS TO NATURALLY REMOVE FLUORIDE (Part 2)
- 10 WAYS TO NATURALLY REMOVE FLUORIDE (Part 1)
- NATURAL FLUORIDE DETOX WITH WATER
- An in-cider look?
- STARTING THE YEAR RIGHT
- JUST AS THE DOCTOR PRESCRIBED?
- HANGOVER RECOVERY ESSENTIALS
- SMELL YOUR WAY TO BETTER HEALTH
- FIGHT COLD & FLU WITH ESSENTIAL OILS
- WAITED ON HAND AND FOOT?
- EDUCATE YOURSELF TO AVOID A SWEET DEATH
- Are 8 glasses of fluid really enough?
- ORANGE = VITALITY
- IONIZED WATER CAN COMBAT CHRONIC PAINS
- FALL RETROSPECT
- ‘Tis the season to get hot & steamy!
- Ionized water is important
- Hear ye! Hear ye! Garlic Oil will fight your ear infection!
- SAVE SOME WATER FOR TOMORROW
- Banana: The Happy Fruit
- Amazon and Wildlife Matters
- 'Bacteria Removal - Why It Is Important'