FACT, Clean Water = Better Health, but water purification needs are changing.
Water Purification needs of people all over the world is constantly changing.
Studies are continually published about the relationship between drinking water and health. Here’s an interesting study by the World Health Organisation (WHO)
Due to a global growing interest in health, as well as increased attention in the media in recent years, about harmful nasties in our water sources, and the effect they have on our health, people are becoming more aware and educated.
This is a great thing.
As a company who’s sole focus is providing clean purified water to as many people as possible, we are continually researching the latest needs in water purification, and then set about developing effective and affordable solutions.
Time and time again our customers are telling us they want their water filter to do three things;
- Remove the bad stuff
- Allow the good stuff to remain
- Boost or add in more good stuff, and improve and increase certain elements
While this sounds simple, what is considered the latest bad stuff, and good stuff, is always evolving.
Lets take a closer look at the specifics of each of these as of late 2016.
- Flouride (this is huge right now)
- Chlorine & Chloramine
- Heavy Metals – arsenic, lead, copper, mercury, aluminium
- Organic and Non-Organics – sand, silt, rust, algae
- Bacteria (& prevent bacterial growth)
- Chemicals – pesticides, herbicides, detergents
- Odd tastes
ALLOW TO REMAIN, BOOST & ADD (add beneficial and safe levels);
- Minerals – calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium
- Trace elements
IMPROVE & INCREASE;
- pH Level (Alkalinity)
- Negative ORP
- Water Softness
OK, now that we understand the needs of water filters in 2016, lets take a look at some of the filter materials that can meet these needs.
Micro-nets are often used as the first stage, mid stage, or both (as is the case with our PH001 filter), of a multi-stage filtration process. Micro-nets are designed to catch nasty particles over a certain size (the bigger particles, as the smaller particles are removed with other materials)
We’ve only just started using KDF in our PH001 and PH003 filters, as it’s a relatively new technology. We love KDF as it’s an excellent purifier, removing the vast majority of heavy metals, as well as fluoride, chlorine and chloramine.
Coconut Shell Activated Carbon (AKA Charcoal)
Activated Carbon is widely used in water filtration because its highly effective at removing chemicals, pollutants, pesticides and herbicides. A word of warning though – the quality of Activated Carbon varies greatly, so investigate what type of Activated Carbon is used in a filter before purchasing. Here at Invigorated Water we use NSF Certified Coconut Shell Activated Carbon from the US
Ceramic Ball & Stone Blend
Such blends include a mix of materials such as Maifan, Tourmaline, Activated Alumina, Far Infrared and Resin, to name a few. Our PH001 filters include over 10 materials. These blends are responsible for ‘the good stuff’. They prevent bacterial growth, ionize, increase pH levels and negative ORP, and boost and add in minerals and trace elements.
Polyethersulfone Ultra Filtration (UF) Membrane (its AWESOME!)
UF Membrane is highly effective at removing extremely small particles & dissolved molecules (as small as 0.01 micron) from drinking water. The UF Membrane used in our PH002 filter is what we like to call our Secret Weapon. When combined with our PH001 filter 80% of fluoride and chlorine is removed, while the pH level is increased even further.
These are just a few of the many filter materials out there, but hopefully I’ve helped you to understand what some of them do, and what to look for when choosing a water filter.
- Should I Use Filtered Water to Make My Tea Or Coffee?
- The effects of drinking Alkaline water on our body
- Does Lemon Remove Fluoride from Water?
- Alkaline vs Acid Diet
- HOLIDAY STINGERS
- Global Water Scarcity: What can you do?
- NEW LIPS, NEW YOU!
- What's In Your Water Bottle?
- HAPPINESS - A STATE OF MIND?
- COCO LOCO
- SWEET DREAMS
- NOW IS THE TIME
- EVERY SIP COUNTS
- Free-Flowing Happiness part 2
- Free-Flowing Happiness Part 1
- BREATHE DEEPLY
- COLOR YOUR LIFE
- THERE’S NOWHERE LIKE HOME
- FRESH BEAUTY WITH LEMONS
- 5 WAYS TO CLEANSE YOUR LIVER
- THERE’S NOTHING LIKE A GOOD SOAK
- COUNTERING JUNK FOOD
- BLESS OUR WORLD
- LET IT GO
- INTL WOMEN’S DAY/WORLD DOWN SYNDROME DAY
- A TIME FOR EQUITY
- 10 WAYS TO NATURALLY REMOVE FLUORIDE (Part 2)
- 10 WAYS TO NATURALLY REMOVE FLUORIDE (Part 1)
- NATURAL FLUORIDE DETOX WITH WATER
- An in-cider look?
- STARTING THE YEAR RIGHT
- JUST AS THE DOCTOR PRESCRIBED?
- HANGOVER RECOVERY ESSENTIALS
- SMELL YOUR WAY TO BETTER HEALTH
- FIGHT COLD & FLU WITH ESSENTIAL OILS
- WAITED ON HAND AND FOOT?
- EDUCATE YOURSELF TO AVOID A SWEET DEATH
- Are 8 glasses of fluid really enough?
- ORANGE = VITALITY
- IONIZED WATER CAN COMBAT CHRONIC PAINS
- FALL RETROSPECT
- ‘Tis the season to get hot & steamy!
- Ionized water is important
- Hear ye! Hear ye! Garlic Oil will fight your ear infection!
- SAVE SOME WATER FOR TOMORROW
- Banana: The Happy Fruit
- Amazon and Wildlife Matters
- 'Bacteria Removal - Why It Is Important'
- Types of Tap Filters, when and where to use them