Water Purification Systems Needs Are Always Changing
Water Purification needs of people all over the world is constantly changing.
Studies are continually published about the relationship between drinking water and health. Here’s an interesting study by the World Health Organisation (WHO)
Due to a global growing interest in health, as well as increased attention in the media in recent years, about harmful nasties in our water sources, and the effect they have on our health, people are becoming more aware and educated.
This is a great thing.
As a company who’s sole focus is providing clean purified water to as many people as possible, we are continually researching the latest needs in water purification, and then set about developing effective and affordable solutions.
Water Purification Systems need to do these three things:
- Remove the bad stuff
- Allow the good stuff to remain
- Boost or add in more good stuff, and improve and increase certain elements
While this sounds simple, what is considered the latest bad stuff, and good stuff, is always evolving.
Lets take a closer look at the specifics of each of these as of late 2016.
- Flouride (this is huge right now)
- Chlorine & Chloramine
- Heavy Metals – arsenic, lead, copper, mercury, aluminium
- Organic and Non-Organics – sand, silt, rust, algae
- Bacteria (& prevent bacterial growth)
- Chemicals – pesticides, herbicides, detergents
- Odd tastes
ALLOW TO REMAIN, BOOST & ADD (add beneficial and safe levels);
- Minerals – calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium
- Trace elements
IMPROVE & INCREASE;
- pH Level (Alkalinity)
- Negative ORP
- Water Softness
OK, now that we understand the needs of water filters in 2016, lets take a look at some of the filter materials that can meet these needs.
Micro-nets are often used as the first stage, mid stage, or both (as is the case with our PH001 filter), of a multi-stage filtration process. Micro-nets are designed to catch nasty particles over a certain size (the bigger particles, as the smaller particles are removed with other materials)
We’ve only just started using KDF in our PH001 and PH003 filters, as it’s a relatively new technology. We love KDF as it’s an excellent purifier, removing the vast majority of heavy metals, as well as fluoride, chlorine and chloramine.
Coconut Shell Activated Carbon (AKA Charcoal)
Activated Carbon is widely used in water filtration because its highly effective at removing chemicals, pollutants, pesticides and herbicides. A word of warning though – the quality of Activated Carbon varies greatly, so investigate what type of Activated Carbon is used in a filter before purchasing. Here at Invigorated Water we use NSF Certified Coconut Shell Activated Carbon from the US
Ceramic Ball & Stone Blend
Such blends include a mix of materials such as Maifan, Tourmaline, Activated Alumina, Far Infrared and Resin, to name a few. Our PH001 filters include over 10 materials. These blends are responsible for ‘the good stuff’. They prevent bacterial growth, ionize, increase pH levels and negative ORP, and boost and add in minerals and trace elements.
Polyethersulfone Ultra Filtration (UF) Membrane (its AWESOME!)
UF Membrane is highly effective at removing extremely small particles & dissolved molecules (as small as 0.01 micron) from drinking water. The UF Membrane used in our PH002 filter is what we like to call our Secret Weapon. When combined with our PH001 filter 80% of fluoride and chlorine is removed, while the pH level is increased even further.
These are just a few of the many filter materials out there, but hopefully I’ve helped you to understand what some of them do, and what to look for when choosing a water filter.
- How to Save Money on Alkaline Water
- How to Make Tap Water Taste Better
- These Alkaline Water Bottles Help Keep You Hydrated in 2022
- How to Make Alkaline Water At Home
- Is Alkaline Water Good For Hair?
- Cleaning Your Home with Alkaline Water
- Can Alkaline Water Cause Headaches?
- Sweepstakes Giveaway 2022: Enter to Win $4300 In Prizes
- Alkaline Water For Coffee: How Health Conscious Coffee Drinkers Are Improving Their Mornings
- How to Choose a Shower Head Water Filter
- How Do Filter Water Bottles Work?
- How to Clean a Water Filter Pitcher?
- Types of Water filters and How to Choose the Right One
- Can dogs drink alkaline water?
- How to Tell When Water Filters Need Replacing?
- How to Measure PH?
- Do Water Filters Remove Fluoride?
- What Is the pH of Pure Water?
- Alkaline Water vs Purified Water: What's the Difference
- Pros and Cons of Alkaline Water
- What Are the Health Benefits of a Shower Filter?
- Should I Use Filtered Water to Make my Tea or Coffee?
- What Are the Benefits of Drinking Alkaline Water?
- Does Lemon Remove Fluoride from Water?
- Why Is Water Blue?
- Alkaline vs Acid Diet
- HOLIDAY STINGERS
- Global Water Scarcity: What can you do?
- NEW LIPS, NEW YOU!
- What's In Your Water Bottle?
- HAPPINESS - A STATE OF MIND?
- COCO LOCO
- SWEET DREAMS
- NOW IS THE TIME
- EVERY SIP COUNTS
- Free-Flowing Happiness part 2
- Free-Flowing Happiness Part 1
- 7 Tips on How to Cleanse your Lungs
- COLOR YOUR LIFE
- THERE’S NOWHERE LIKE HOME
- Fresh with Lemons: Natural Beauty Hacks
- 5 Ways to Cleanse your Liver
- Essential Oils Uses There's Nothing Like a Good Soak
- COUNTERING JUNK FOOD
- BLESS OUR WORLD
- LET IT GO
- INTL WOMEN’S DAY/WORLD DOWN SYNDROME DAY
- A TIME FOR EQUITY
- 10 WAYS TO NATURALLY REMOVE FLUORIDE (Part 2)
- 10 Natural ways how to remove fluoride from water (Part 1)