EARTH WEEK 2017
REDUCE excessive packaging (especially non-biodegradable) material. Unnecessary use of packaging uses more energy and produces more waste.
REUSE products for their main purpose as long as possible. Do not disregard them just because they are cheap and easily replaceable.
RECYCLE products that cant be re-used for their own purpose. Have you seen the short video where they turned plastic bottles into flower pot or old magazines turned into bags
2. LIGHTEN YOUR CARBON FOOTPRINT
Aside from item #1, we also encourage you to reduce your carbon footprint by supporting companies that are Eco-friendly (examples are those who use less plastics and Styrofoam). You can also reduce your carbon footprint by using LED light-bulbs, solar panels are also an option.
And yes, we literally mean unplugging some of your appliances. If a gadget or an appliance is not being used but is still plugged, it’s still using energy. Make sure you pull the power cord before you leave your room - it may inconvenient to unplug and plug them every time but you’ll be used to it and you’ll also be saving on your electric bill.
4. CHANGE YOUR COMMUTE PATTERN
We know that having your own car is convenient but every engine emits nitrogen dioxide which is hazardous to all living things. Why not try walking, cycling, car-pooling?
5. AND LASTLY, RECONNECT
With the advancement of technology, people of all ages are hooked up to our digital life that we somehow forget that a life outside exist. Reconnect with nature by going for a walk on a park or on the beach, reconnect with people in real life instead of sending private messages, emails and video calls. Being able to interact personally with others gives out a different vibe in the atmosphere that feels much better than the “likes” that we get online.
- What are the health benefits of a shower filter?
- Should I Use Filtered Water to Make My Tea Or Coffee?
- The effects of drinking Alkaline water on our body
- Does Lemon Remove Fluoride from Water?
- Why Is Water Blue?
- Alkaline vs Acid Diet
- HOLIDAY STINGERS
- Global Water Scarcity: What can you do?
- NEW LIPS, NEW YOU!
- What's In Your Water Bottle?
- HAPPINESS - A STATE OF MIND?
- COCO LOCO
- SWEET DREAMS
- NOW IS THE TIME
- EVERY SIP COUNTS
- Free-Flowing Happiness part 2
- Free-Flowing Happiness Part 1
- BREATHE DEEPLY
- COLOR YOUR LIFE
- THERE’S NOWHERE LIKE HOME
- FRESH BEAUTY WITH LEMONS
- 5 WAYS TO CLEANSE YOUR LIVER
- THERE’S NOTHING LIKE A GOOD SOAK
- COUNTERING JUNK FOOD
- BLESS OUR WORLD
- LET IT GO
- INTL WOMEN’S DAY/WORLD DOWN SYNDROME DAY
- A TIME FOR EQUITY
- 10 WAYS TO NATURALLY REMOVE FLUORIDE (Part 2)
- 10 WAYS TO NATURALLY REMOVE FLUORIDE (Part 1)
- NATURAL FLUORIDE DETOX WITH WATER
- An in-cider look?
- STARTING THE YEAR RIGHT
- JUST AS THE DOCTOR PRESCRIBED?
- HANGOVER RECOVERY ESSENTIALS
- SMELL YOUR WAY TO BETTER HEALTH
- FIGHT COLD & FLU WITH ESSENTIAL OILS
- WAITED ON HAND AND FOOT?
- EDUCATE YOURSELF TO AVOID A SWEET DEATH
- Are 8 glasses of fluid really enough?
- ORANGE = VITALITY
- IONIZED WATER CAN COMBAT CHRONIC PAINS
- FALL RETROSPECT
- ‘Tis the season to get hot & steamy!
- Ionized water is important
- Hear ye! Hear ye! Garlic Oil will fight your ear infection!
- SAVE SOME WATER FOR TOMORROW
- Banana: The Happy Fruit
- Amazon and Wildlife Matters