Free-Flowing Happiness Part 1
How can we have constant happiness when there are endless issues at home, work or school? And can we ever escape stress when anxiety is clouding our mind even after countless yoga and meditation sessions? The answer is yes. You have it within you, most importantly, start with taking a few deep good belly breaths.
Breathing is a way of calming the fight or flight mechanism we have. When stress appears we tend to breathe shallow up in our chest, often forgetting to exhale. This can make our muscles tighten and body feel tight and uncomfortable. By not circulating enough oxygen this can cause your system to induce a panic state. By taking 10 deep belly breaths of air, also known as diaphragmatic breathing, we help calm our nervous system and open up our tight squeezed feeling body. Many find after just this simple exercise things don't seem as bad after all.
To practice deep breathing simply sit or lie comfortably, hold one hand on your chest and one on your belly. Breathe in as deep as you can with your nose, hold it for a second, then let out the air slowly through your mouth, making sure you push your belly out and fully utilize your diaphragm. Feel free to add noises! If you feel lightheaded, this is normal, we recommend you stop if you feel any discomfort.
The only attitude in life that we can use to be truly happy is to be positive. At one point in your life, a door closed but a window opened. We are too focused on closed doors that we neglect other opportunities that were opened before us. When something happens with an unfavorable result, step back and look at the bigger picture. There is always something greater out there.
It takes time to get used to new perception and habits. If the feeling of constant happiness doesn’t happen right away, don’t worry and just keep being positive. Next week, we will share brain hacks on how to achieve a constant state of happiness so make sure to stay tuned!
Until next week - be positive - be invigorated!
- Does Lemon Remove Fluoride from Water?
- Alkaline vs Acid Diet
- HOLIDAY STINGERS
- Global Water Scarcity: What can you do?
- NEW LIPS, NEW YOU!
- What's In Your Water Bottle?
- HAPPINESS - A STATE OF MIND?
- COCO LOCO
- SWEET DREAMS
- NOW IS THE TIME
- EVERY SIP COUNTS
- Free-Flowing Happiness part 2
- Free-Flowing Happiness Part 1
- BREATHE DEEPLY
- COLOR YOUR LIFE
- THERE’S NOWHERE LIKE HOME
- FRESH BEAUTY WITH LEMONS
- 5 WAYS TO CLEANSE YOUR LIVER
- THERE’S NOTHING LIKE A GOOD SOAK
- COUNTERING JUNK FOOD
- BLESS OUR WORLD
- LET IT GO
- INTL WOMEN’S DAY/WORLD DOWN SYNDROME DAY
- A TIME FOR EQUITY
- 10 WAYS TO NATURALLY REMOVE FLUORIDE (Part 2)
- 10 WAYS TO NATURALLY REMOVE FLUORIDE (Part 1)
- NATURAL FLUORIDE DETOX WITH WATER
- An in-cider look?
- STARTING THE YEAR RIGHT
- JUST AS THE DOCTOR PRESCRIBED?
- HANGOVER RECOVERY ESSENTIALS
- SMELL YOUR WAY TO BETTER HEALTH
- FIGHT COLD & FLU WITH ESSENTIAL OILS
- WAITED ON HAND AND FOOT?
- EDUCATE YOURSELF TO AVOID A SWEET DEATH
- Are 8 glasses of fluid really enough?
- ORANGE = VITALITY
- IONIZED WATER CAN COMBAT CHRONIC PAINS
- FALL RETROSPECT
- ‘Tis the season to get hot & steamy!
- Ionized water is important
- Hear ye! Hear ye! Garlic Oil will fight your ear infection!
- SAVE SOME WATER FOR TOMORROW
- Banana: The Happy Fruit
- Amazon and Wildlife Matters
- 'Bacteria Removal - Why It Is Important'
- Types of Tap Filters, when and where to use them
- KETONIC DIET