Global Water Scarcity: What can you do?
"There is a water crisis today. But the crisis is not about having too little water to satisfy our needs. It is a crisis of managing water so badly that billions of people - and the environment - suffer badly." - World Water Vision Report
As we all know, Earth is composed of 70% water and only a shocking 1% part of that is safe to drink.
In fact, more than 2 billion people are still living without a source of safe water. Of those, 844 million people do not have access to any potable drinking water at all, and around 4 billion people are suffering from severe water scarcity for at least one month a year - alarming numbers indeed!
The question we usually ask ourselves is: WHY?
You see, the real challenge that we’re facing right now is the fact that global water scarcity might not get better in the future due to a growing global issues and consequences of human actions. In fact, this challenge could even become worse in the next few decades due to a lot of factors such as:
An undesirable condition where the number of existing human population exceeds the carrying capacity of Earth. Hence, reducing the supply of water and contributes to the imbalance of the ecosystem.
A result of human activities contaminating the water because of sewage, garbage and liquid waste of households, agricultural lands and factory wastes are discharged into lakes and rivers. These wastes contain harmful chemicals and toxins which make the water poisonous for aquatic animals and plants, and even for humans.
Climate change also contributes to global scarcity. As the climate warms, it changes the nature of global rainfall, evaporation, snow, stream flow and other factors that affect water supply and quality. Specific impacts include: Warmer water temperatures affect water quality and accelerate water pollution.
We hear a lot of speculation as to why global water scarcity is happening. We see a lot of people pointing fingers as to who are the one’s to blame. We even see a lot of people fighting because of it. But really, the only person you can point your finger to is yourself.
Unless there is a real change in human mentality and immediate global action, the future of clean water supply, especially to developing countries, may become uncertain.
- Does Lemon Remove Fluoride from Water?
- Alkaline vs Acid Diet
- HOLIDAY STINGERS
- Global Water Scarcity: What can you do?
- NEW LIPS, NEW YOU!
- What's In Your Water Bottle?
- HAPPINESS - A STATE OF MIND?
- COCO LOCO
- SWEET DREAMS
- NOW IS THE TIME
- EVERY SIP COUNTS
- Free-Flowing Happiness part 2
- Free-Flowing Happiness Part 1
- BREATHE DEEPLY
- COLOR YOUR LIFE
- THERE’S NOWHERE LIKE HOME
- FRESH BEAUTY WITH LEMONS
- 5 WAYS TO CLEANSE YOUR LIVER
- THERE’S NOTHING LIKE A GOOD SOAK
- COUNTERING JUNK FOOD
- BLESS OUR WORLD
- LET IT GO
- INTL WOMEN’S DAY/WORLD DOWN SYNDROME DAY
- A TIME FOR EQUITY
- 10 WAYS TO NATURALLY REMOVE FLUORIDE (Part 2)
- 10 WAYS TO NATURALLY REMOVE FLUORIDE (Part 1)
- NATURAL FLUORIDE DETOX WITH WATER
- An in-cider look?
- STARTING THE YEAR RIGHT
- JUST AS THE DOCTOR PRESCRIBED?
- HANGOVER RECOVERY ESSENTIALS
- SMELL YOUR WAY TO BETTER HEALTH
- FIGHT COLD & FLU WITH ESSENTIAL OILS
- WAITED ON HAND AND FOOT?
- EDUCATE YOURSELF TO AVOID A SWEET DEATH
- Are 8 glasses of fluid really enough?
- ORANGE = VITALITY
- IONIZED WATER CAN COMBAT CHRONIC PAINS
- FALL RETROSPECT
- ‘Tis the season to get hot & steamy!
- Ionized water is important
- Hear ye! Hear ye! Garlic Oil will fight your ear infection!
- SAVE SOME WATER FOR TOMORROW
- Banana: The Happy Fruit
- Amazon and Wildlife Matters
- 'Bacteria Removal - Why It Is Important'
- Types of Tap Filters, when and where to use them
- KETONIC DIET