HOW TO REMOVE FLUORIDE FROM YOUR WATER
Grand Rapids, Michigan became the first US city to fluoridate the public water supply in 1945. Many cities quickly followed suit afterwards and a lot of controversy arose. The government has stood strong in terms of claims about it benefiting dental health. Irrefutable evidence has been hard to prove, as there are so many overlapping theories, so we will leave it up to you to make up your own mind.
Many popular filters on the market today consist of inexpensive activated carbon pitchers and tap attachments — these can not remove fluoride. Boiling your water will only increase the amount of fluoride, as unlike chlorine it does not evaporate, and as the volume of water decreases through boiling, the fluoride concentration actually goes up.
Let us look at ways of removing fluoride, which filter materials can help you indeed, reduce or remove it completely from your water:
RO systems are expensive to purchase, need electricity to run which adds to your monthly electricity cost, may need a technician to install, and creates vast amounts of waste water, a whopping 4 gallons per every 1 gallon filtered! In our society today water is a valuable commodity, and we here at Invigorated Water don’t find it sustainable wasting so much water to add on only a few more substances to the list than what a UF Membrane can filter out. It will however completely remove the fluoride from your water. Will it however remove your conscience of wasting good water?
Activated Alumina (AA)
Activated Alumina is made from a substance called Aluminium Oxide, and is promoted to be one of the strongest filter medias for removing fluoride from your drinking water. It is also the most widely used and trusted filter media for removing fluoride today, and it boasts the ability to remove small amounts of arsenic, ammonia and selenium. It is however dependant on a low pH and low water flow in order to achieve its goals. Some fear a filter with this substance may leach Alum, however there are no known cases of this. To secure against any potential minor risk, ion exchange media is included in the filter, which is excellent at adsorbing heavy metals like Alum.
Often used as part of a multistage filter, cartridges will need regular changing. No electricity or installation technician required.
Bone Char Carbon
Bone char carbon derives from calcium phosphate and calcium carbonate, which again stems from charred animal bones. Which means it is not a vegan friendly option, although very effective. The main areas of application are to remove fluoride and heavy metals from drinking water, as well as chlorine, non-metal compounds and even radio nucleotides. Heavy metals that can be removed by Bone Char include: Aluminum, Arsenic, Cadmium, Chromium, Copper, Iron, Lead, Manganese, Nickel, Zinc. Specifically radioactive particles such as Strontium, Uranium, Vanadium, can easily be reduced with bone char. Further non-media like Bromine, Chlorine, Fluoride, fertilizers, pesticides can be removed. The use of this filter media dates all the way back to the 18th Century. It is considered to be one of the vary most effective water filter medias available, and suits all types of tasks.
Zeolite is a 100% naturally formed crystal, derived from volcanic ash deposits that spewed out over 300 millions years ago - and was known by our forefathers to strengthen health & well-being and balance our pH. Today we understand that the reason it has such great results, is because it is a natural detox and chelation agent. The honeycomb structure surface cavities trap heavy metals such as fluoride, lead, aluminium, arsenic, cadmium, mercury & tin, as well as free radicals, and pass them out naturally through the body, all the while it retains beneficial minerals such as zinc, calcium, magnesium, potassium and more. This along with containing rare nucleus, it is a powerful substance indeed. And all natural.
There is a lot of marketing and a lot of products on the market today, it can be confusing as to who to listen to at the best of times. There is however a common misperception that filtering out ‘it all’ is the best way to go. Now that is true to an extent, but we here at Invigorated Water believe in leaving the life giving vital minerals and trace elements in our water. Stripping it all with an RO or Distillation or other system, will remove all contaminants, but also essential elements your body needs to survive. It is therefore not recommended to use this manner of filtration unless you can re-introduce the minerals and trace elements to your drinking water. We of course are avid fans of alkaline water, so raising the pH we believe is highly beneficial too.
Invigorated Living was born from the desire to give all living beings clean water, a human right. We only hope we can do enough before it is too late. We believe it is every human beings right to choose which elements are included in their water, and to eliminate toxins from your life in hope to recharge and create an Invigorated Living for all.
- Cleaning Your Home with Alkaline Water
- Can Alkaline Water Cause Headaches?
- Sweepstakes Giveaway 2022: Enter to Win $4300 In Prizes
- Alkaline Water For Coffee: How Health Conscious Coffee Drinkers Are Improving Their Mornings
- How to Choose a Shower Head Water Filter
- How Do Filter Water Bottles Work?
- How to Clean a Water Filter Pitcher?
- Types of Water filters and How to Choose the Right One
- Can dogs drink alkaline water?
- How to Tell When Water Filters Need Replacing?
- How to Measure PH?
- Do Water Filters Remove Fluoride?
- What Is the pH of Pure Water?
- Alkaline Water vs Purified Water: What's the Difference
- Pros and Cons of Alkaline Water
- What Are the Health Benefits of a Shower Filter?
- Should I Use Filtered Water to Make my Tea or Coffee?
- What Are the Benefits of Drinking Alkaline Water?
- Does Lemon Remove Fluoride from Water?
- Why Is Water Blue?
- Alkaline vs Acid Diet
- HOLIDAY STINGERS
- Global Water Scarcity: What can you do?
- NEW LIPS, NEW YOU!
- What's In Your Water Bottle?
- HAPPINESS - A STATE OF MIND?
- COCO LOCO
- SWEET DREAMS
- NOW IS THE TIME
- EVERY SIP COUNTS
- Free-Flowing Happiness part 2
- Free-Flowing Happiness Part 1
- 7 Tips on How to Cleanse your Lungs
- COLOR YOUR LIFE
- THERE’S NOWHERE LIKE HOME
- Fresh with Lemons: Natural Beauty Hacks
- 5 Ways to Cleanse your Liver
- Essential Oils Uses There's Nothing Like a Good Soak
- COUNTERING JUNK FOOD
- BLESS OUR WORLD
- LET IT GO
- INTL WOMEN’S DAY/WORLD DOWN SYNDROME DAY
- A TIME FOR EQUITY
- 10 WAYS TO NATURALLY REMOVE FLUORIDE (Part 2)
- 10 Natural ways how to remove fluoride from water (Part 1)
- NATURAL FLUORIDE DETOX WITH WATER
- An In-cider Look with Apple Cider Vinegar
- STARTING THE YEAR RIGHT
- JUST AS THE DOCTOR PRESCRIBED?
- Hangover Recovery Essentials