Ultimate Guide to pH Strips
pH Strips are usually used to measure the pH level of your urine and saliva. The ideal urine and saliva pH pattern is 7.2 on awakening, 6.8 to 7.2 before eating and 7.2 to 8.5 following any alkaline meal or drink.
Why saliva and urine pH is important
The pH of your saliva and urine both serves as indicators if something is wrong with your body. Unconsciously, our body is working non-stop trying to get rid of excess acids. If not managed properly, acids build-up and steal minerals intended for the other parts of our body. Another contributing factor to higher acids on your body is unhealthy lifestyle.
The pH of your urine also plays an important role. Like the pH of your saliva, it also measures how acidic your body is. pH tests are also usually requested by doctors to confirm concerns relating to your kidney. If the kidney is too acidic, it has a higher chance of forming kidney stones. Some treatments may also affect the result of your pH test - make sure to consult your pHysician if your pH levels are out of the normal range and make sure to inform them about any medications that you are taking.
Other pH levels on the body
A familiar help - Sodium Bicarbonate
How to do pH testing at home
To test urine, test the 1st & 2nd urine of the day, by placing the strip tip in the urine stream, then wait 15 seconds for results. EASY!
The first urine will eliminate all the acids and toxins built up in your body overnight, and should as mentioned read between pH 6.8-7.2.
The second urine should show a spike in pH level and reach pH 7.2-7.4. This will show your body has the necessary amounts of alkalizing elements to counteract any acid attacks throughout the day. If you pH remains the same or is lower, your body needs help to balance the acidity.
While most pH test strips measure in 1 or .5 increments, pH PERFECT Test Strips measures in tiny .25 increments from pH 4.5 to pH 9 – offering you the most suitable range for testing human urine & saliva.
- Cleaning Your Home with Alkaline Water
- Can Alkaline Water Cause Headaches?
- Sweepstakes Giveaway 2022: Enter to Win $4300 In Prizes
- Alkaline Water For Coffee: How Health Conscious Coffee Drinkers Are Improving Their Mornings
- How to Choose a Shower Head Water Filter
- How Do Filter Water Bottles Work?
- How to Clean a Water Filter Pitcher?
- Types of Water filters and How to Choose the Right One
- Can dogs drink alkaline water?
- How to Tell When Water Filters Need Replacing?
- How to Measure PH?
- Do Water Filters Remove Fluoride?
- What Is the pH of Pure Water?
- Alkaline Water vs Purified Water: What's the Difference
- Pros and Cons of Alkaline Water
- What Are the Health Benefits of a Shower Filter?
- Should I Use Filtered Water to Make my Tea or Coffee?
- What Are the Benefits of Drinking Alkaline Water?
- Does Lemon Remove Fluoride from Water?
- Why Is Water Blue?
- Alkaline vs Acid Diet
- HOLIDAY STINGERS
- Global Water Scarcity: What can you do?
- NEW LIPS, NEW YOU!
- What's In Your Water Bottle?
- HAPPINESS - A STATE OF MIND?
- COCO LOCO
- SWEET DREAMS
- NOW IS THE TIME
- EVERY SIP COUNTS
- Free-Flowing Happiness part 2
- Free-Flowing Happiness Part 1
- 7 Tips on How to Cleanse your Lungs
- COLOR YOUR LIFE
- THERE’S NOWHERE LIKE HOME
- Fresh with Lemons: Natural Beauty Hacks
- 5 Ways to Cleanse your Liver
- Essential Oils Uses There's Nothing Like a Good Soak
- COUNTERING JUNK FOOD
- BLESS OUR WORLD
- LET IT GO
- INTL WOMEN’S DAY/WORLD DOWN SYNDROME DAY
- A TIME FOR EQUITY
- 10 WAYS TO NATURALLY REMOVE FLUORIDE (Part 2)
- 10 Natural ways how to remove fluoride from water (Part 1)
- NATURAL FLUORIDE DETOX WITH WATER
- An In-cider Look with Apple Cider Vinegar
- STARTING THE YEAR RIGHT
- JUST AS THE DOCTOR PRESCRIBED?
- Hangover Recovery Essentials