Showering Using A Filter
Many cities now treat water with chloramines instead of chlorine, leaving your skin & health to suffer, as this chemical based from a mix of chlorine & ammonia, will not dissipate into air over time like chlorine does. If you love standing in a hot shower, and don’t have proper ventilation in the room, your health could be at risk.
It is common practice in most households to use a water filter for their potable water. The filter isolates particles which makes our water cleaner. Lately, a huge selection of shower filters have been available on the market - is it just a trend or are the waters we use for bath time is no longer healthy for the skin?
Here are 6 reasons why we should start using shower filters:
Chlorine removes moisture from the skin leaving you feeling dry and itchy, with often dull and lifeless skin & hair. It can also aggravate skin conditions like eczema. By using a shower filter, you will look and feel better.
Which Shower Filter do I choose?
The the most popular are the Carbon, KDF and Vitamin C filters. Most conventional shower filters on the market today will not be able to remove more than a small amount of the chloramines from your shower. The only way to entire and immediately eliminate and remove Chlorine & Chloramines, is to use a Vitamin C shower filter.
Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, has recently been included in AWWA Standard (AWWA, 2005b) as one of the methods for dechlorination of disinfected water mains. Ascorbic acid has been used for a long time as one of the dechlorinating agents for preservation of chlorinated or chloraminated water samples for laboratory analysis.
A Vitamin C shower filter neutralizes about 99% of the chlorine and chloramines in the water after the water has run through the filter and come into contact with the Vitamin C. The Vitamin C’s effectiveness does not decrease until the Vitamin C is completely used up. So be sure to order your refill cartridge on time.
Carbon filters are the most common and cheapest option. They function like your regular kitchen filter. However, the are not always effective. Why? Because the performance of a carbon filter is affected by heat. Meaning, activated carbon is useless with warm/hot water.
KDF filters are not effective in removing chloramines but effective in removing chlorine.They are usually made of copper and zinc which creates a tiny electrical charge when pressed together. The charge usually liberates free-roaming chlorine in your water supply.
The best combination is of course to find a filter with a selection of filter media, all with its own unique strength, helping you not only remove 1 but multiple elements compromising your health.
If you are not sure which shower filter to get, we suggest contacting your local water authority to check which chemicals are in your local water source, and that way identify which filter would best work for you.
- Can Alkaline Water Cause Headaches?
- Sweepstakes Giveaway 2022: Enter to Win $4300 In Prizes
- Alkaline Water For Coffee: How Health Conscious Coffee Drinkers Are Improving Their Mornings
- How to Choose a Shower Head Water Filter
- How Do Filter Water Bottles Work?
- How to Clean a Water Filter Pitcher?
- Types of Water filters and How to Choose the Right One
- Can dogs drink alkaline water?
- How to Tell When Water Filters Need Replacing?
- How to Measure PH?
- Do Water Filters Remove Fluoride?
- What Is the pH of Pure Water?
- Alkaline Water vs Purified Water: What's the Difference
- Pros and Cons of Alkaline Water
- What Are the Health Benefits of a Shower Filter?
- Should I Use Filtered Water to Make my Tea or Coffee?
- What Are the Benefits of Drinking Alkaline Water?
- Does Lemon Remove Fluoride from Water?
- Why Is Water Blue?
- Alkaline vs Acid Diet
- HOLIDAY STINGERS
- Global Water Scarcity: What can you do?
- NEW LIPS, NEW YOU!
- What's In Your Water Bottle?
- HAPPINESS - A STATE OF MIND?
- COCO LOCO
- SWEET DREAMS
- NOW IS THE TIME
- EVERY SIP COUNTS
- Free-Flowing Happiness part 2
- Free-Flowing Happiness Part 1
- 7 Tips on How to Cleanse your Lungs
- COLOR YOUR LIFE
- THERE’S NOWHERE LIKE HOME
- Fresh with Lemons: Natural Beauty Hacks
- 5 Ways to Cleanse your Liver
- Essential Oils Uses There's Nothing Like a Good Soak
- COUNTERING JUNK FOOD
- BLESS OUR WORLD
- LET IT GO
- INTL WOMEN’S DAY/WORLD DOWN SYNDROME DAY
- A TIME FOR EQUITY
- 10 WAYS TO NATURALLY REMOVE FLUORIDE (Part 2)
- 10 Natural ways how to remove fluoride from water (Part 1)
- NATURAL FLUORIDE DETOX WITH WATER
- An In-cider Look with Apple Cider Vinegar
- STARTING THE YEAR RIGHT
- JUST AS THE DOCTOR PRESCRIBED?
- Hangover Recovery Essentials
- Aromatherapy Essential Oils