The Power of Vitamin C
Vitamin C is commonly known as ascorbic acid, and plays a big role in keeping our immune system healthy, and is important for growth, development and repair of body issues (wound healing). This potent antioxidant protects us from the damage caused by the many pollutants surrounding us in our own home and outside in our environment.
How much Vitamin C do we need?
Since our body can’t store vitamin C, an adult needs at least 75mg of vitamin C everyday. People working on night shifts, smokers, pregnant and breastfeeding mothers usually need more dosage to meet their body’s need. It is advised to limit Vitamin C intake to 2000 mg a day to avoid stomach upset, however it is very interesting to read about the new progressive take on higher doses of lipo encapsulated Vitamin C to revive people from their severe conditions
Vitamin C is also involved in almost all of our body functions which include collagen formation, iron absorption, wound healing and maintenance of bones, teeth and cartilage.
According to Dr. Fredrick R Klenner, Vitamin C has helped him cure a lot of diseases such as pneumonia, encephalitis, herpes zoster (shingles), herpes simplex, mononucleosis, pancreatitis, hepatitis, rocky mountain spotted fever, bladder infections, alcoholism, arthritis, some cancers, leukemia, atherosclerosis, ruptured intervertebral disc, high cholesterol, corneal ulcers, diabetes, glaucoma, radiation burns - the list goes on...
A recent study published in Seminars in Preventive and Alternative Medicine, "Vitamin C has received a great deal of attention, and with good reason. Higher blood levels of vitamin C may be the ideal nutrition marker for overall health," says study researcher Mark Moyad, MD, MPH, of the University of Michigan. "The more we study vitamin C, the better our understanding of how diverse it is in protecting our health, from cardiovascular, cancer, stroke, eye health [and] immunity to living longer."
Vitamin C deficiency
Natural Source vs Supplements
While there are no negative records about Ascorbic acid supplements, health professionals still prefer to get your Vitamin C from natural sources. American Dietetic Association spokeswoman Dee Sandquist, RD, suggests “to eat nine servings of fruits and vegetables daily, because you will get a healthy dose of vitamin C along with an abundance of other vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals that are good for disease prevention and overall health".
Our skin needs to be washed with vitamin C too! When showering we breathe dangerous chemicals & absorb them through our skin. Our filtered shower head Our pH REJUVENATE Vitamin C Shower Filter removes bacteria, heavy metals, chlorine, chloramine & fluoride, resulting in improved circulation, immunity, energy levels, mental clarity & overall wellness.
- What are the health benefits of a shower filter?
- Should I Use Filtered Water to Make My Tea Or Coffee?
- The effects of drinking Alkaline water on our body
- Does Lemon Remove Fluoride from Water?
- Alkaline vs Acid Diet
- HOLIDAY STINGERS
- Global Water Scarcity: What can you do?
- NEW LIPS, NEW YOU!
- What's In Your Water Bottle?
- HAPPINESS - A STATE OF MIND?
- COCO LOCO
- SWEET DREAMS
- NOW IS THE TIME
- EVERY SIP COUNTS
- Free-Flowing Happiness part 2
- Free-Flowing Happiness Part 1
- BREATHE DEEPLY
- COLOR YOUR LIFE
- THERE’S NOWHERE LIKE HOME
- FRESH BEAUTY WITH LEMONS
- 5 WAYS TO CLEANSE YOUR LIVER
- THERE’S NOTHING LIKE A GOOD SOAK
- COUNTERING JUNK FOOD
- BLESS OUR WORLD
- LET IT GO
- INTL WOMEN’S DAY/WORLD DOWN SYNDROME DAY
- A TIME FOR EQUITY
- 10 WAYS TO NATURALLY REMOVE FLUORIDE (Part 2)
- 10 WAYS TO NATURALLY REMOVE FLUORIDE (Part 1)
- NATURAL FLUORIDE DETOX WITH WATER
- An in-cider look?
- STARTING THE YEAR RIGHT
- JUST AS THE DOCTOR PRESCRIBED?
- HANGOVER RECOVERY ESSENTIALS
- SMELL YOUR WAY TO BETTER HEALTH
- FIGHT COLD & FLU WITH ESSENTIAL OILS
- WAITED ON HAND AND FOOT?
- EDUCATE YOURSELF TO AVOID A SWEET DEATH
- Are 8 glasses of fluid really enough?
- ORANGE = VITALITY
- IONIZED WATER CAN COMBAT CHRONIC PAINS
- FALL RETROSPECT
- ‘Tis the season to get hot & steamy!
- Ionized water is important
- Hear ye! Hear ye! Garlic Oil will fight your ear infection!
- SAVE SOME WATER FOR TOMORROW
- Banana: The Happy Fruit
- Amazon and Wildlife Matters
- 'Bacteria Removal - Why It Is Important'