The Power of Vitamin C
Vitamin C is commonly known as ascorbic acid, and plays a big role in keeping our immune system healthy, and is important for growth, development and repair of body issues (wound healing). This potent antioxidant protects us from the damage caused by the many pollutants surrounding us in our own home and outside in our environment.
How much Vitamin C do we need?
Since our body can’t store vitamin C, an adult needs at least 75mg of vitamin C everyday. People working on night shifts, smokers, pregnant and breastfeeding mothers usually need more dosage to meet their body’s need. It is advised to limit Vitamin C intake to 2000 mg a day to avoid stomach upset, however it is very interesting to read about the new progressive take on higher doses of lipo encapsulated Vitamin C to revive people from their severe conditions
What Do we get from Vitamin C
Vitamin C is also involved in almost all of our body functions which include collagen formation, iron absorption, wound healing and maintenance of bones, teeth and cartilage.
According to Dr. Fredrick R Klenner, Vitamin C has helped him cure a lot of diseases such as pneumonia, encephalitis, herpes zoster (shingles), herpes simplex, mononucleosis, pancreatitis, hepatitis, rocky mountain spotted fever, bladder infections, alcoholism, arthritis, some cancers, leukemia, atherosclerosis, ruptured intervertebral disc, high cholesterol, corneal ulcers, diabetes, glaucoma, radiation burns - the list goes on...
A recent study published in Seminars in Preventive and Alternative Medicine, "Vitamin C has received a great deal of attention, and with good reason. Higher blood levels of vitamin C may be the ideal nutrition marker for overall health," says study researcher Mark Moyad, MD, MPH, of the University of Michigan. "The more we study vitamin C, the better our understanding of how diverse it is in protecting our health, from cardiovascular, cancer, stroke, eye health [and] immunity to living longer."
Vitamin C deficiency
Natural Source vs Supplements
While there are no negative records about Ascorbic acid supplements, health professionals still prefer to get your Vitamin C from natural sources. American Dietetic Association spokeswoman Dee Sandquist, RD, suggests “to eat nine servings of fruits and vegetables daily, because you will get a healthy dose of vitamin C along with an abundance of other vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals that are good for disease prevention and overall health".
Our skin needs to be washed with vitamin C too! When showering we breathe dangerous chemicals & absorb them through our skin. Our filtered shower head Our pH REJUVENATE Vitamin C Shower Filter removes bacteria, heavy metals, chlorine, chloramine & fluoride, resulting in improved circulation, immunity, energy levels, mental clarity & overall wellness.
- 8 Benefits of Countertop Filters
- Do Water Pitchers Remove Fluoride?
- Prevent Splashes With Our Ice Guard
- How to Save Money on Alkaline Water
- How to Make Tap Water Taste Better
- These Alkaline Water Bottles Help Keep You Hydrated in 2022
- How to Make Alkaline Water At Home
- Is Alkaline Water Good For Hair?
- Cleaning Your Home with Alkaline Water
- Can Alkaline Water Cause Headaches?
- Sweepstakes Giveaway 2022: Enter to Win $4300 In Prizes
- Alkaline Water For Coffee: How Health Conscious Coffee Drinkers Are Improving Their Mornings
- How to Choose a Shower Head Water Filter
- How Do Filter Water Bottles Work?
- How to Clean a Water Filter Pitcher?
- Types of Water filters and How to Choose the Right One
- Can dogs drink alkaline water?
- How to Tell When Water Filters Need Replacing?
- How to Measure PH?
- Do Water Filters Remove Fluoride?
- What Is the pH of Pure Water?
- Alkaline Water vs Purified Water: What's the Difference
- Pros and Cons of Alkaline Water
- What Are the Health Benefits of a Shower Filter?
- Should I Use Filtered Water to Make my Tea or Coffee?
- What Are the Benefits of Drinking Alkaline Water?
- Does Lemon Remove Fluoride from Water?
- Why Is Water Blue?
- Alkaline vs Acid Diet
- HOLIDAY STINGERS
- Global Water Scarcity: What can you do?
- NEW LIPS, NEW YOU!
- What's In Your Water Bottle?
- HAPPINESS - A STATE OF MIND?
- COCO LOCO
- SWEET DREAMS
- NOW IS THE TIME
- EVERY SIP COUNTS
- Free-Flowing Happiness part 2
- Free-Flowing Happiness Part 1
- 7 Tips on How to Cleanse your Lungs
- COLOR YOUR LIFE
- THERE’S NOWHERE LIKE HOME
- Fresh with Lemons: Natural Beauty Hacks
- 5 Ways to Cleanse your Liver
- Essential Oils Uses There's Nothing Like a Good Soak
- COUNTERING JUNK FOOD
- BLESS OUR WORLD
- LET IT GO
- INTL WOMEN’S DAY/WORLD DOWN SYNDROME DAY