WAITED ON HAND AND FOOT?
Do you ever stop to wonder how your feet are doing? We may often get aches if standing up too long, wearing the wrong shoes, wrong fit etc. But there are many other factors that we do not consider when it comes to our most supportive body part.
Sarcastically enough, the thing we rely on the most and put all our weight on is commonly one of the things we forget about and put the least amount of thought or weight on.
During an average day, the total force on your feet can be up to hundreds of tons, that's the same as a fully loaded cement truck! Every time you lift your heel off the ground when walking, it forces the toes to carry half of your body weight!
So however many many of you may find feet unattractive, the little darlings have a lot of pressure on ‘their shoulders’ every day. If your feet are not functioning properly, you can easily end up with sore feet. Nice little foot rub anyone?
Acidic levels in the body through diet and lifestyle choices, excess strain, joint pain and fatigue can take longer to recover from. And that's not going to help us live the life of freedom we want now is it? Drinking alkaline water will help revise, invigorate and replenish your entire system inside and out!
To make sure your feet - and ultimately you - are getting the treatment you deserve, here are some little tips for everyday pampering
• Wash your feet
• Give them a little soak
• Make sure to moisturize after washing
• Wear a different shoe each day
• Wear a shoe with arch support
• Your feet should never ache - sit down, stretch your legs and let the blood flow
• Aging, diabetes and pregnancy affect your feet - make sure to consult your doctor
• Before letting someone else give you a pedicure, make sure their tools are sanitized
If you need a good soak, try these DIY recipe:
• 1 cup of sea salt
• 1 cup of Epsom salt
• 2 cups of Baking Soda
• 12 – 15 drops of your favourite Essential Oil(s)
• Combine salts and baking soda, mix well.
• Add drops of essential oil and mix
• Add ¼ cup of the mixture into a basin with hot water
• Soak feet for 15 minutes up to 1 hour.
Store remaining mixture in a cool, dry place for your next soak!
You don’t need to spend on salon and spa to pamper your feet, you just need to create your own foot-care routine to make sure they are happy.