What's In Your Water Bottle?
By now most of us area aware of the dangers lurking in single use water bottles. Most are made from cheap PET plastic, which is made for a single time use only, and is known to start leaching chemicals if re-used or heated above 86-104 degrees Fahrenheit (30-40 degrees Celsius). Yet many still reuse these bottles out of convenience.
In this article we will review how this may affect you and your health.
Single use bottles are readily found all over in supermarkets, gas stations, gyms, cafes, kiosks and in vending machines. In a recent German study of these bottles, it was found they contain close to a whopping 25000 chemicals. Shocking right? How can this be, and how is it legal to sell something clearly not beneficial to our health?
The German study focused on plastic particles found in the water, where they uncovered bottled water contains twice the amount of particles as that found in tap water. These results also covered well known popular bottled brands.
Another research on bottled water carried out by microplastic researcher Sherri Mason of the State University of New York at Fredonia, found that amongst 250 bottles tested from Brazil to China, India to Indonesia, Kenya to Lebanon, Mexico to Thailand and in the United States, a whopping 93% showed plastics found in the water. The test included major brands such as Aqua, Aquafina, Dasani, Evian, Nestle Pure Life and San Pellegrino.
Where most claim they consume bottled water out of a need for clean water, this is commonly an incorrect statement, as most tap water is found to be of higher quality than bottled water. Where most bottled waters, with a few exceptions, measure a pH far below the natural body pH of 7.32, tap water is generally found to hold this neutral pH position.
Municipal governments provide cleaning stations where all water is processed before it reaches your house, however they often add in a surplus of negative elements such as chlorine and chloramine, and in some cases fluoride. If the water has been put through a Reverse Osmosis system (RO) without having minerals and trace elements, as well as the pH level raised up again, the tap water will be deemed as ‘dead’, acidic, and not good for consumption.
The RO process takes away vital and life essential minerals and trace elements, and in the process lowers the pH level of the water to pH 5-6. It does take away literally everything else too, which is a plus, but without the re-introduction of minerals and up’ing the pH level, it will not be ‘alive’ and healthy.
So unless you live in an area where you know there are serious contamination issues, fracking or other reasons why consuming your tap water is not good for you, we recommend doing a home test to check the starting point of your water and see what is necessary in order to get it to a high standard good for you and your family.
With surmounting plastic taking over our oceans and landfills, what can you do to help this dire situation? First off we recommend you consider switching to a refillable bottle, be it Tritan plastic (the strongest type there is, this will not leach chemicals until it reaches 212 degrees Fahrenheit / 100 degrees Celsius), Glass or Steel. For more info on our available bottles click here.
Before you sweep your social responsibility under the carpet, consider what you are teaching your kids and those around you. It is all our responsibility to help put an end to the insurmountable issue that plastic has become, and not further support it out of convenience.
We hope this article was enlightening.
From all us at Invigorated Water - stay hydrated, stay clean!
- 8 Benefits of Countertop Filters
- Do Water Pitchers Remove Fluoride?
- Prevent Splashes With Our Ice Guard
- How to Save Money on Alkaline Water
- How to Make Tap Water Taste Better
- These Alkaline Water Bottles Help Keep You Hydrated in 2022
- How to Make Alkaline Water At Home
- Is Alkaline Water Good For Hair?
- Cleaning Your Home with Alkaline Water
- Can Alkaline Water Cause Headaches?
- Sweepstakes Giveaway 2022: Enter to Win $4300 In Prizes
- Alkaline Water For Coffee: How Health Conscious Coffee Drinkers Are Improving Their Mornings
- How to Choose a Shower Head Water Filter
- How Do Filter Water Bottles Work?
- How to Clean a Water Filter Pitcher?
- Types of Water filters and How to Choose the Right One
- Can dogs drink alkaline water?
- How to Tell When Water Filters Need Replacing?
- How to Measure PH?
- Do Water Filters Remove Fluoride?
- What Is the pH of Pure Water?
- Alkaline Water vs Purified Water: What's the Difference
- Pros and Cons of Alkaline Water
- What Are the Health Benefits of a Shower Filter?
- Should I Use Filtered Water to Make my Tea or Coffee?
- What Are the Benefits of Drinking Alkaline Water?
- Does Lemon Remove Fluoride from Water?
- Why Is Water Blue?
- Alkaline vs Acid Diet
- HOLIDAY STINGERS
- Global Water Scarcity: What can you do?
- NEW LIPS, NEW YOU!
- What's In Your Water Bottle?
- HAPPINESS - A STATE OF MIND?
- COCO LOCO
- SWEET DREAMS
- NOW IS THE TIME
- EVERY SIP COUNTS
- Free-Flowing Happiness part 2
- Free-Flowing Happiness Part 1
- 7 Tips on How to Cleanse your Lungs
- COLOR YOUR LIFE
- THERE’S NOWHERE LIKE HOME
- Fresh with Lemons: Natural Beauty Hacks
- 5 Ways to Cleanse your Liver
- Essential Oils Uses There's Nothing Like a Good Soak
- COUNTERING JUNK FOOD
- BLESS OUR WORLD
- LET IT GO
- INTL WOMEN’S DAY/WORLD DOWN SYNDROME DAY