How to Make Alkaline Water At Home
If you’re mindful of your physical health, one of the things you’ve probably researched is proper hydration. In that case, you’re likely aware of the many benefits that staying hydrated will offer you.
Now, if R E G U L A R H2o can do so much for us, what about alkaline water, and what exactly makes alkaline water so special?
That's what we're going to cover over the course of this blog post, as well as:
- 2 ways that help you make premium, crisp alkaline water at home for drinking. Spoiler alert: Nope, they don't involve lemons, baking soda or sea salt! 🍋 🧂
- Alkaline water filters in pitchers & bottles
- Benefits of alkaline water, and more!
How To Make Alkaline Water At Home
First Things First - What Exactly is Alkaline Water?
Alkaline water has a pH level of up to 10.
The pH level is a measurement by which we can determine the acidity as well as the alkalinity of any given liquid.
A pH reading of 7 is what is considered neutral whereas pH readings of above 7 and below 7 correspond with alkalinity and acidity, respectively.
In other words, a liquid or solution with a pH reading of lower than 7 is considered acidic. The lower the reading, the higher the level of acidity. The pH reading of the rather corrosive HCL (hydro chloric acid) for example is usually 3.01 or below.
In the same manner, solutions with a pH reading above 7 are considered to be alkaline. The exact level of alkalinity is once again determined by how much more than 7 the pH reading is. A solution with a pH reading of 8 is considered to be alkaline, but it will be less so than a solution with a pH reading of say 10.
Where regular distilled water is said to have a pH reading of 7, alkaline water for drinking has a pH of anywhere between 8 and 10.
The Benefits of Alkaline Water
Alkaline water is clean, healthy and great tasting, and helps with the following:
The enzyme pepsin when present or produced in excess is associated with acid reflux. Acid reflux can be a chronic problem for many; however, research proves that water with a pH of roughly 8.8 effectively suppresses excess pepsin production.
For this reason, drinking alkaline water can be an option for those looking to cure chronic acidity or acid reflux and is often recommended.
Immune System Support
Alkaline water helps support the immune system by creating an environment within your body with a chemical balance that delays the development of several illnesses.
Health and Longevity
Studies conducted show how alkaline water consumption was linked with longer lives and stronger bodies and organs in test animals. Though there is still research on whether this effect would translate to humans in the same degree, popular opinion seems to suggest that this might just be the case.
Can you Drink Alkaline Water Every Day?
Though Alkaline water offers an array of benefits, there are certain situations where drinking it every day is discouraged. We’ve listed certain cases where you might want to connect with a physician before consuming alkaline water:
- If you are struggling with kidney or liver disease.
- If alkaline water makes your skin itch
- If you feel any kind of undesirable affects after consuming alkaline water.
That being said, for most of us, it is absolutely safe to drink alkaline water on a daily basis.
Can I Make my Own Alkaline Water?
If you find that buying pre-bottled alkaline water is a tad expensive, we can empathize. Thankfully, we know a thing or two about how to make alkaline water on your own!
That said, we’re not going to give you wonky tips that might actually not be safe such as adding baking soda to your water.
Instead, we’re going to focus on two safe and sure ways that you can use to make alkaline water at home.
Making Alkaline Water at Home
Alkaline Water Filter Pitchers vs Water Bottles
If you’re looking for an easy way to turn regular water into alkaline water, one option is to use alkaline water filters in pitchers and portable bottles.
These filters don't just make the water more alkaline, they also infuse it with healthy minerals.
If you exercise outdoors a lot or spend a lot of time in the car, an alkaline water bottle is the ideal option - ours come in a variety of materials (featured below is our pH REVIVE Alkaline Water Bottle made from BPA-free Tritan plastic:)
Alkaline Water Filter for Faucet
If, instead, you want alkaline water to come right from your tap, we recommend our alkaline water filters that attach directly to your faucets.
Alkaline water faucet or tap filters allow you to infuse larger volumes of water with the right minerals in a more efficient, uninterrupted way. Ideal for higher water consumption, these filters work similar to the alkaline water pitchers mentioned above – except they’re scaled up!
Featured below is our pH REGENERATE Faucet Water Filter:
The alkaline water faucet filter attaches directly to your tap or faucet. The water passes through a large filtration unit which processes the liquid sending out purified alkaline water on the other end.
These units are easy to install and like the pitchers above are also available for purchase in our online store.
Featured below is our pH PURIFY Faucet & Tap Filter:
Things to Look Out for in an Alkaline Water Filter
When you're shopping for alkaline water filters, some of the things to take into account include:
- Filter life
If you have children or young adults in your home, you may be interested in a more durable model. For example, our plastic water pitchers.
If you entertain a lot and are looking for a more visually pleasing way to display your water pitchers, may we recommend our beautiful stainless steel water pitchers and glass water pitchers?
The thing about a good alkaline water filter pitcher or faucet filter is not just the fact that it allows you to turn your tap water into alkaline water efficiently and conveniently.
It also helps to clear several potentially harmful substances from your tap water, ensuring that the water you receive is truly in its healthiest form.
Some of the substances that your alkaline water filter will remove may include chemicals such as chlorine, certain toxic heavy metals that may be present in the water, and microplastics which are present in the water supplies of most urban centers.
These filters also serve to neutralize bacteria thus ensuring that your water is safe, healthy and consumable.
Finally, these filters also replenish your water with the right minerals such as:
These minerals help support physical development, immune system improvement and bone growth.
How to Make Alkaline Water At Home: Conclusion
Today, healthy living is at the top of the to-do list for most of us, regardless of where in the world we may be.
Alkaline water consumption is just one of the many alterations you can make in order to be a step closer to living a holistically healthy life, and our alkaline water filters make that process a whole lot simpler!
Remember, staying healthy is the best investment you can make in yourself, so start now - you can thank us later!
**Did you know? We’re offering free U.S. Standard shipping on ALL orders!**
- How to Save Money on Alkaline Water
- How to Make Tap Water Taste Better
- These Alkaline Water Bottles Help Keep You Hydrated in 2022
- How to Make Alkaline Water At Home
- Is Alkaline Water Good For Hair?
- Cleaning Your Home with Alkaline Water
- Can Alkaline Water Cause Headaches?
- Sweepstakes Giveaway 2022: Enter to Win $4300 In Prizes
- Alkaline Water For Coffee: How Health Conscious Coffee Drinkers Are Improving Their Mornings
- How to Choose a Shower Head Water Filter
- How Do Filter Water Bottles Work?
- How to Clean a Water Filter Pitcher?
- Types of Water filters and How to Choose the Right One
- Can dogs drink alkaline water?
- How to Tell When Water Filters Need Replacing?
- How to Measure PH?
- Do Water Filters Remove Fluoride?
- What Is the pH of Pure Water?
- Alkaline Water vs Purified Water: What's the Difference
- Pros and Cons of Alkaline Water
- What Are the Health Benefits of a Shower Filter?
- Should I Use Filtered Water to Make my Tea or Coffee?
- What Are the Benefits of Drinking Alkaline Water?
- Does Lemon Remove Fluoride from Water?
- Why Is Water Blue?
- Alkaline vs Acid Diet
- HOLIDAY STINGERS
- Global Water Scarcity: What can you do?
- NEW LIPS, NEW YOU!
- What's In Your Water Bottle?
- HAPPINESS - A STATE OF MIND?
- COCO LOCO
- SWEET DREAMS
- NOW IS THE TIME
- EVERY SIP COUNTS
- Free-Flowing Happiness part 2
- Free-Flowing Happiness Part 1
- 7 Tips on How to Cleanse your Lungs
- COLOR YOUR LIFE
- THERE’S NOWHERE LIKE HOME
- Fresh with Lemons: Natural Beauty Hacks
- 5 Ways to Cleanse your Liver
- Essential Oils Uses There's Nothing Like a Good Soak
- COUNTERING JUNK FOOD
- BLESS OUR WORLD
- LET IT GO
- INTL WOMEN’S DAY/WORLD DOWN SYNDROME DAY
- A TIME FOR EQUITY
- 10 WAYS TO NATURALLY REMOVE FLUORIDE (Part 2)
- 10 Natural ways how to remove fluoride from water (Part 1)